Union Trust Building
Sf: 460,767 • Fund II
Originally commissioned in 1915 by industrialist Henry Clay Frick, the historically significant office building is situated in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh’s Mellon Square, a submarket which has experienced strong fundamentals and diverse economic drivers. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the building originally contained a four story retail arcade and includes an open atrium rising more than 11 stories to a stain-glass central rotunda. The business plan was to reposition the well-located, downtown building into a modern, Class A, LEED certified mixed-use retail/office building that offers tenants a work/play environment. The Davis Companies transformed nearly 50,000 square feet of ground-level retail space, which now offers an indoor and outdoor environment lined with restaurants and cafes, and upper floors, including a new 5,200 square foot fitness center, 400,000 rentable square feet of modernized office space, an auditorium with 375 seats, a tiered lecture hall with 75 seats, and a new 190-space underground parking garage. Since acquisition, The Davis Companies has leased over 332,000 SF (297,745 SF office and 34,541 SF retail).